Friday, January 2, 2009

A day filled with disappointments

I believe today is the longest leg of the trip, and unfortunately there have been a couple of downers along the way:
- As Moy Moy mentioned, we drove by Graceland, but I would have much rather seen JT's home. We did not even see one mention of the greatest entertainer of our generation in his hometown
- Arkansas has to be one of the dullest places I've seen lately, and it was also foggy the whole way through
- I had very much been looking forward to finding original Coors in Texarkana while singing "East Bound and Down" only to find it is in a dry county

Luckily we are cruising through Texas now with their nighttime speed limit (seems odd) en route to one of my favorite places - Dallas. Many great things I'm sure await us, and tomorrow there is no driving!

4 comments:

  1. East bound and down would have been funny heading Southwest :) Enjoyed UK's win down at Mulligan's. Lot of unhappy ECU fans, but they were civil. They asked for our support for them against VT next fall. Should see you in about 19 hours!

    Andy's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could have been worse. You could have run into a swarm of black flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of the unhappy ECU fans. congrats I guess. I can't be TOO sore of a loser.

    ReplyDelete