Sunday, January 4, 2009

San Diego Super Chargers!

On the road again, and Moy Moy is driving because I'm still drunk from the victory celebration.

What a game!

The elder Fjord (in town for a company meeting) met us out for dinner and then accompanied us to McKinney Avenue Tavern for the big game. I was drastically outnumbered as there were Colts fans everywhere, and I was the only identified Bolts fan. Baggy and Wiggle met us at the bar after flying in from Colorado, and it was good to see them after what seems like quite a while. After several Miller Lites and excessive table pounding, the little big man Darren Sproles broke loose.

Post game Moy and the future Bagdens went home, and I was given strict instructions that we were to leave at 8:30 in the morning (remarkably I was ready to leave before 9, so I consider that a victory).

But the night was young and Norv's genius needed to be celebrated. The Radford men were left to fend for themselves. In looking for our next stop, I believe we walked nearly every square foot of Dallas. We finally settled on West End Pub (ironic). The guy playing guitar then played the worst rendition of "Hey Jude" we've ever heard, and it sent us scrambling for the door. At this point it was quite late and I was disappointed that I had found no other Chargers fans to share in the glory, so we went to the most sensible place - Hooters.

We shut that place down and tried to get into House of Blues, but they said it was exit only at that point. I think they were Manning sympathizers, so it was back to my dad's hotel where I dropped him off and then I hitched a ride in a stretch Hummer limo back to Baggy's (nothing but the best). The two young ladies I shared it with were much better dressed than me and did not seem to be too interested in conversing with me. Upon returning to Baggy's, I luckily was able to sneak through the gate behind a car right before I was about to scale the fence.

A great night all around!

Albuquerque here we come, and you better be ready for the fu!

No comments:

Post a Comment