Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white 5th of January



This morning we ate at another Roadfood-recommended establishment, Frontier Restaurant in Albuquerque. It is right across the street from UNM. You wait in line to order and then a flashing green light tells you which register to report to, you receive a number, and an electronic board displays when your order is ready. The food was delicious. I had scrambled eggs, hash browns, and tortillas. One of my tortillas I filled with strawberry jam. With the other I braved their chili. It was very good and awfully spicy, but I survived. If you know me, you know this is an accomplishment.

We're rapidly approaching the Arizona border, and everything is covered in snow. Today so far has had the best scenery, and I have been snapping pictures at a rapid clip. It will be interesting to see how many actually turn out. More snow and very cold temperatures await us in Flagstaff. Little do they know, my fu manchu without soul (patch) awaits them. I think the lack of soul is an upgrade, but let's face it a fu looks good regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment