Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sun setting on 40 West




We are about 2 hours from the completion of our first day. Whether you are envious of our journey or think we're crazy, you may be asking yourself, "What does it look like out there on the road?"
The first picture is my perspective while driving that I snapped as the road led directly towards a very scenic mountain. I am not sure my cameraphone fully captured the moment.
The second picture represents my UK pride and is the more tasteful of my gestures captured on film. Fear not though, we have left the Axis of Exil (Knoxville and Blacksburg) far behind.
Our latest diversion involved my abrupt demand to exit because I saw a sign for Frozen Head State Park. Upon exiting, we encountered a hitchhiker with a large duffel bag heading in the park's direction. Unfortunately, I found on the GPS that it was 13 miles away, so I was not that interested in learning the story behind the name. Also, I have no idea as to whether that guy was on his way to collect a frozen head or deposit one.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa d says:

    Believe it or not, I've actually spent many an hour in Frozen Head park. You missed some lovely little waterfalls, and a state correctional facility, but no actual frozen heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stupid Kentucky sweatshirt....arrggghhhh

    ReplyDelete