Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wonders of the World

It's been a bit since you heard from us. Rest assured, we've been very much enjoying the company, sites and generous hospitality of Flagstaff, AZ.

Last night we had dinner with a good number of the AZ Moyer (and related) clan -- Aunt Roz, Uncle Richard, Grandma Myrtle, Shannon, Jack, Ellie and a brief appearance by Phil. The food was wonderful (Rich made lasagna with green chiles and Shannon homemade Caesar dressing -- yum!) and the company even better.

We spend this morning with my Grandma (for those of you keeping score, I beat her in dominoes -- for the first time in at least 8 years), who was happy to give Andy the guided tour of her four kids. I did notice that there weren't any pictures of me in her entire apartment -- we'll have to do something about that soon.

After visiting with Myrtle, we drove up to the Grand Canyon. Being so close, how could we not? I'm trying to resist the very strong urge to post all of the many, many pictures we took between us, but I will resist, and post only a few. (Ok, I just posted them. I lack discretion (shocker) and there are more than a few. That's what the internet is for, right??)










PS - Weighing in only briefly (I can't resist) on breakfast in Albuquerque: Andy missed out in not opting for the carne adovada with his eggs. Shredded pork with a lot of sauce -- excellent red chile flavor (spicy!) that dyed my fingers a lovely bright orange, and fresh tortillas to sop it up with (A did have those). I seriously considered buying in bulk, and I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment